Back to School - Week 1

Last week was the first week back to school for the kiddos!  August is a full month with several birthdays and anniversaries but the majority of our focus was getting ready for that big day, the first day of school!  So far, so good!  They are even handling the early mornings surprisingly well.  The one thing I was hoping for has not happened yet though.  I thought once school started they would be tired at ten o'clock at night and easier to put to bed.  I thought wrong!  They are still wired late at night even with an early morning and a full day of school, homework, and playtime.  Even half way through week 2, they're wired, mommy is exhausted!

Thankfully Jason has been brewing a strong pot of coffee for me before he leaves for work!  I cling to it even as we walk to school with it being in the upper 80's outside.  Mommy...must...have...coffee!

Out the door and ready for the first day of school!
Joshua getting straight to work in 1st grade!
Daniella and her class had to sort and organize all of their supplies.


Back in June on the last day of school we had dinner at Red Robin.  Jason decided to kick the school year off with dinner there again!  When we got in the car this is what we saw

Yeah, crazy!  Next time we'll park in the non-Hades section!

Aside from the blistering heat the kids had a great first day of school!  What made it even better was how normal it was.  Last year was a little hectic for all of us so this year we all enjoyed the "simpler" start!

Like any mom, I'll be praying for a good and fun year for the kids filled with lots of fun memories!  For all of you with kids in school, I will be praying that they too will have a great year!

Comments

Popular Posts