A Busy Sunday!
Today has been a long day, but a fun one! My day started at 4 am getting ready for my 4 minutes of fame on KPRC Channel 2. I was extremely nervous, but somehow managed to answer the questions with some manner of coherent thought! Ami was nervous, but stayed very calm and collected. She's a pro!
I then came home, grabbed a quick breakfast and then headed off to the March for Babies walk. After the walk and a quick lunch, I came home, napped and then we headed to Paige and Micah's for dinner.
We lucked out with weather at the March for Babies walk. It was supposed to rain all morning, but never had one drop. We finished the walk in almost exactly an hour and a half. The time went by so fast though. It really didn't feel like we walked for that long or that far. There were so many people there and many with their children. A lot of the children there were NICU graduates and usually had a t-shirt designating them so with their birth stats. It was amazing to see so many children born at 2lbs and under thriving today. There were also several teams that walked in memory of little one's lost. One family lost their child as recently as April 9th. I managed to make it through the walk and through lunch relatively tear free, but when I got to my car and sawanother family with a picture of their beloved baby that is no longer with us making their way back to theirs I became instantly overwhelmed; both with joy and relief that we were so lucky to have a healthy NICU grad and with sorrow for those walking in memory of. I am so grateful that there is an organization dedicated to saving these little miracles and pray that in time they will succeed in their mission.
I then came home, grabbed a quick breakfast and then headed off to the March for Babies walk. After the walk and a quick lunch, I came home, napped and then we headed to Paige and Micah's for dinner.
We lucked out with weather at the March for Babies walk. It was supposed to rain all morning, but never had one drop. We finished the walk in almost exactly an hour and a half. The time went by so fast though. It really didn't feel like we walked for that long or that far. There were so many people there and many with their children. A lot of the children there were NICU graduates and usually had a t-shirt designating them so with their birth stats. It was amazing to see so many children born at 2lbs and under thriving today. There were also several teams that walked in memory of little one's lost. One family lost their child as recently as April 9th. I managed to make it through the walk and through lunch relatively tear free, but when I got to my car and sawanother family with a picture of their beloved baby that is no longer with us making their way back to theirs I became instantly overwhelmed; both with joy and relief that we were so lucky to have a healthy NICU grad and with sorrow for those walking in memory of. I am so grateful that there is an organization dedicated to saving these little miracles and pray that in time they will succeed in their mission.
Comments