Joshua's apology

This morning I was sorting laundry when Joshua and Riley plowed through my piles. Joshua picked up a poop stained pair of his underwear and said "Ew, yuck!" I'll use the Milford dialogue method to outline the rest of what happened!

Me: Yes, it is yucky. You have been very mean to all of your underwear lately.

Joshua: Oh, (looking at a pair of his dirty undies) I'm sorry underwear. (puts his undies to the side and starts digging for another pair)

Me: Joshua, I am trying sort clothes. Please don't make a mess.

Joshua: No mommy, I have to find my underwear and say sorry.

...and he did!

I let him apologize to two more pair before kicking him out! While it was funny, I was more afraid that he (or Riley) would start picking at the "yucky" streaks! I am no novice when it comes to cleaning poop out from under finger nails (to be clear, not my finger nails), but I had only had one cup of coffee at this point and wasn't planning on having to do again this early in the morning!

All dirty pairs are now safely in the wash!

Comments

Ashley said…
That is too funny! What a polite little boy you have! :)

And the Milford method works well for you too. :)

We will be in town in January. Mike has a race. We would love to see you guys!

Popular Posts