Summer: Week 1, Etc

We are a week and a half into summer and all three kids have kept me busy! When ALL three are home ALL day, EVERY day, it feels like I'm some sort of kid boot camp! It has been a lot of fun, but very exhausting! Still, I've been able to tackle tiny to-do's and hopefully will be able to gradually build upwards to finally finish things I have been trying to do all year.

Picture taking has been greatly reduced because these days, but here are a few pictures from last week.

Birthday Party #1
We went to a birthday party for one of Daniella's classmates at Pump It Up. The other two were welcomed to stay and play...and stay and play they did!


Butterfly Pizza
I wrote a recipe for this in my guest blog for DietsInReview.com last week and wanted to show an example.



Natural Science Museum
We made use of our membership and spent an afternoon at the museum. I love that it was indoors! The kids never tire of the museum and always have a great time!




Birthday Party #2: Sturges Kids








...And in other news...
I may be going back to work in research. I've got an application in and I'd like to think my chances are good, but it has been two years. Not stressing it though. God has given me two years home with my kids and though it has required some serious sacrifice, it has been great and I wouldn't trade it for anything. If God wants me to continue my time at home, that's fine with me! Although, now that Joshua and Riley are both pre-school age, I am comfortable going back to work full time. Fingers crossed, I'll be able to!

Daniella has VBS all week and we've all kept busy with small projects. Daniella finally showed interest in the Chronicles of Narnia to my delight so we have been reading The Magicians Nephew every day. Last night I had one of those moments I savored where I was surrounded by all three kids, all sharing a blanket, and me reading to them. So great!

This weekend we have yet another birthday party along with some other unconfimed events. Either way, another full weekend!

Comments

Have you applied to Lexicon or somewhere new? Best of luck to you!!

Popular Posts