Homemade Goodies for the Holidays
These past two weeks we've pretty much been home bound. The weather is temperamental as usual and it has been cold and rainy for most of December. We've had plenty to keep us busy while at home and I have been aiming to minimize exposure for the kids outside, mainly because of all of the flu that is rampant these days. Joshua and Riley both have colds right now but luckily the symptoms are mild and they seem to be on the mend. I'll consider it a Christmas miracle if the colds don't spread through the entire family!
This year I really wanted to do a lot of homemade projects for Christmas. It is something I hope to do more often and get better at through the years. We've been very blessed over the years to receive and give several "big" gifts and while they are fun to give and get, they have distracted the kids and even us a little as to what Christmas is really all about. They have really enjoyed everything they've made or helped me make and are equally excited if not more excited to give and receive these gifts!
If you are in a creative sort of mood, I highly recommend the blogs Tip Junkie and Skip to My Lou which have great ideas for all things handmade!
Somehow we have lost our stockings...well at least 4 of them! I was aiming to hang them from the stairs but so far they are bare! The tree hit the ceiling in the last house so I am happy to see it with plenty of space around it!
Jason's mom and I helped the kids decorate their gingerbread houses and train. This is first year we've had success! Gingerbread houses and toddlers always resulted in disaster so it was nice to be able to do these this year!

Joshua was so proud of his train! He worked very hard and did almost the entire thing by himself. All I did was pipe on and he did the rest! I love that Riley and Daniella's houses have to completely different looks! They really did nearly all of the work by themselves!
This is going to be a tradition every year from here on out! Homemade Peppermint Bark! It is AWESOME...and so so simple to make! It used a simple recipe I found on the blog I Should Be Folding Laundry which called for only white chocolate. The Williams-Sonoma girl in me wanted the double layer of semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate...with semi-sweet chocolate drizzle on the top! Did I mention it was awesome? Needless to say, the kids have really enjoyed this homemade treat!

This is a treat for mommies and daddies...homemade Irish Cream! Also incredibly simple and very tasty! I found the recipe for this on Skip to My Lou, another great blog!

Two years ago I taught myself to knit and this is the first time I've actually complete a project! I made three little scarves for my three little (and not so little) babies! The kids were so excited to see these come to life and constantly checked in on their progress!

This year I really wanted to do a lot of homemade projects for Christmas. It is something I hope to do more often and get better at through the years. We've been very blessed over the years to receive and give several "big" gifts and while they are fun to give and get, they have distracted the kids and even us a little as to what Christmas is really all about. They have really enjoyed everything they've made or helped me make and are equally excited if not more excited to give and receive these gifts!
If you are in a creative sort of mood, I highly recommend the blogs Tip Junkie and Skip to My Lou which have great ideas for all things handmade!
Somehow we have lost our stockings...well at least 4 of them! I was aiming to hang them from the stairs but so far they are bare! The tree hit the ceiling in the last house so I am happy to see it with plenty of space around it!
Jason's mom and I helped the kids decorate their gingerbread houses and train. This is first year we've had success! Gingerbread houses and toddlers always resulted in disaster so it was nice to be able to do these this year!
Joshua was so proud of his train! He worked very hard and did almost the entire thing by himself. All I did was pipe on and he did the rest! I love that Riley and Daniella's houses have to completely different looks! They really did nearly all of the work by themselves!
This is going to be a tradition every year from here on out! Homemade Peppermint Bark! It is AWESOME...and so so simple to make! It used a simple recipe I found on the blog I Should Be Folding Laundry which called for only white chocolate. The Williams-Sonoma girl in me wanted the double layer of semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate...with semi-sweet chocolate drizzle on the top! Did I mention it was awesome? Needless to say, the kids have really enjoyed this homemade treat!
This is a treat for mommies and daddies...homemade Irish Cream! Also incredibly simple and very tasty! I found the recipe for this on Skip to My Lou, another great blog!

Two years ago I taught myself to knit and this is the first time I've actually complete a project! I made three little scarves for my three little (and not so little) babies! The kids were so excited to see these come to life and constantly checked in on their progress!

The next knitting project, hats! These take significantly longer for a slow knitter like me, but I am excited to see what these will look like finished!
I hope everyone has a great weekend and blessed Christmas!
I hope everyone has a great weekend and blessed Christmas!
Comments