A Bit of School Work

A few weeks ago Daniella brought home a form for me to sign allowing a piece of her artwork from her art class to be submitted for review and display for the district.  I've heard about the art piece, was told by her art teacher "It is really good"  but until a few days ago I could only guess what it looked like, "a dragonfly in mixed media".

It finally made it home.  And, wow!  I know she's my kid and so have the built in predisposition to think greatly of her...but this might be her best work yet.  She will be receiving an award at the Fine Arts Award ceremony next week.  Needless to say we are all very impressed and very proud!

I had a hard time getting a picture without a glare and the clarity could be better but you get the idea.  I love all of the texture she worked in. Like I said, Wow!


Another bit of work to showcase...

The third graders had another big project to do, make a working volcano to go along with a report of a real volcano.  Daniella chose to write about Mt. Shasta.  Jason helped guide the making of her volcano over a two week span.  Its huge and it works!  She got a 100 on her project!

Comments

Lindsay said…
Awesome, awesome work, Daniella!

Popular Posts