Breakaway History
While I was at Texas A&M I found something that is unparalleled on any other campus in the nation! It wasn't the traditions; although they are pretty unique and you're never to old or young to join in on a yell. And it wasn't the night life; thank goodness I didn't choose A&M for that reason! It was Breakaway! Till this day I am amazed and proud of the impact and ministry leadership Breakaway has for literally thousands of college students and young adults...every week! It was one of the founders, Gregg Matte who made me first crack open a bible and made me truly seek God. Today he is still leading me on that journey as the pastor of our church at Houston's First Baptist. Take a look at the video which is a summary of the past 20 years of Breakaway Ministries. Keep in mind the thousands that you see in the churches and stadiums are there every week!
Comments