What a Week!

I hope everyone enjoyed a happy and blessed Christmas last week! We loved all of the family time and the kids loved all of the presents! This year we all agreed to keep things "simple" and primarily for the kids. Our "simple" Christmas filled our lives (and all of our space) with the wonderful singing of Joshua from his new karaoke machine, Daniella's new found love of the game of golf thanks to the new Wii, Riley's culinary expertise from her new kitchen, plus a number of other goodies given!

Christmas Eve was spent with my parents as usual. I overcooked the ham, but luckily it was ham so still entirely yummy! Our fridge is stuffed to the brim with leftovers (guess I can throw out the turkey now)! Getting the kids to bed was pretty difficult! They were very excited about Santa and considered every little sound a potential hoof print or sleigh bell. Even Riley took off out of bed yelling "Santa" at the top of her lungs every time she heard a door open or close!

Christmas morning everyone slept in! I thought that the kids would be wide eyed and yanking us out of bed at first light, but they slept till 9:30! I got savor some quiet time while the whole house slept. For me that was the best Christmas gift...fresh coffee, scripture, and quiet! The kids woke up and it was time for more presents! By this point every inch of our living room was covered in gifts, boxes, and gift wrap!

Christmas afternoon was spent at Ed and Pat's where we had more food and everyone received more gifts! That evening the Evans' stopped by and delivered a few more!

By the end of the night we were all stuffed and sleepy! Needless to say on Friday we did nothing! Well, except clean and organize!

Here are a few pictures. Our camera stopped working on Christmas Eve so we don't have too many pictures unfortunately! That camera has taken close to 20K (that's not a typo) pictures in nearly 4 years so I guess I am not entirely surprised, but all the same I am devastated!

Riley helped out in the kitchen making sure that the chocolate badder was cleaned from all of the spatulas!

Our Christmas cards! If you didn't get one don't worry, it's on the way!

I bought new stockings this year and Joshua wanted to test them out...on his head!

Ok, so I'm not exactly Martha Stewart! This is me decorating the kiddie table for Christmas dinner!

Our living room pre-gift opening! That Santa bag was full!!!

The kids and I decorated cookies for Santa! I was convinced their little fingers would be green for weeks!

Christmas morning. The dino blinks, burps, chews, and plays music. Obviously the kids love it!

I think this was a truce moment! It didn't last long!

Jason and Chad decided to add some Christmas cheer to Mama's undies! Boys will be boys...even pushing 40!

Comments

Popular Posts