A New Favorite Park
Update: I stand corrected...there is a Freebirds close by! We are complete!
Living in/near Cypress has been great. Our house has a Houston address, but if we were literally one major street north it would be Cypress, Tx, hence the "in/near" description. We have just about everything you can imagine within a 10 mile radius of us (no Freebirds though)! I love that we have all of the comforts of the big city (mall, shopping centers, great restaurants, BIG grocery stores, etc) and the comforts of the burbs (lots of trees, parks, nature trails). Plus everyone we've encountered has been very friendly. Jason even got a handshake and a hug from our waiter last week at a small diner we ate at! I don't know about staying in this particular house for too long, but I could definitely consider living in Cypress for the rest of out Texas days!
Today the kids and I went to a new (new to us) park. Jason has been feeling under the weather so I wanted to give him some time to rest in a quiet house and that is only possible if no one is here!
The kids loved the park and so did I! The entire park is shaded with either tall trees, gazebos, or shade coverings. Surrounding the park is a pretty nature trail that leads out into a wooded area. We didn't get to stay for too long unfortunately. Minutes after arriving Joshua tripped and skinned his elbow. He screamed his little head off and even after the medic (aka me) cleaned and bandaged his wound (thanks to my handy Neosporin kit), he wanted to go home to get "a bigger bandaid". So we left! I'm sure we'll be back soon though!



Living in/near Cypress has been great. Our house has a Houston address, but if we were literally one major street north it would be Cypress, Tx, hence the "in/near" description. We have just about everything you can imagine within a 10 mile radius of us (no Freebirds though)! I love that we have all of the comforts of the big city (mall, shopping centers, great restaurants, BIG grocery stores, etc) and the comforts of the burbs (lots of trees, parks, nature trails). Plus everyone we've encountered has been very friendly. Jason even got a handshake and a hug from our waiter last week at a small diner we ate at! I don't know about staying in this particular house for too long, but I could definitely consider living in Cypress for the rest of out Texas days!
Today the kids and I went to a new (new to us) park. Jason has been feeling under the weather so I wanted to give him some time to rest in a quiet house and that is only possible if no one is here!
The kids loved the park and so did I! The entire park is shaded with either tall trees, gazebos, or shade coverings. Surrounding the park is a pretty nature trail that leads out into a wooded area. We didn't get to stay for too long unfortunately. Minutes after arriving Joshua tripped and skinned his elbow. He screamed his little head off and even after the medic (aka me) cleaned and bandaged his wound (thanks to my handy Neosporin kit), he wanted to go home to get "a bigger bandaid". So we left! I'm sure we'll be back soon though!

Comments