This and That
Like the previous 8 months (or years) , September came and went in the blink of an eye. We are still adjusting to the new address, new schedules, and a few adjustments the kids had not planned on such as solid nature of tile floor (they've all experienced a few bumps and bruises), the stairs, etc.
We discovered that Fluffy (the cat) likes to get in the fireplace which means an ash covered kitty and all the fun that goes along with that! On the topic of Fluffy, most people know she has only three legs. She was hit by a car as a kitten (she's 15 now) and while she survived, one of her legs did not. The kids have always had Fluffy around but just a few days ago Joshua realized for the first time she had only three legs. What a surprise it was for him!
Daniella is beginning to enter her girlie days and about a month ago asked if she could get her ears pierced. I had refused to get her ears (and Riley's) pierced as a baby and have always held the position if she wants them pierced she all she had to do was ask. Two weeks ago, she got her ears done! She sat down, clenched her eyes shut as tightly as she could and held on to her lips (she said in case she screamed). To my surprise, she hardly felt it. She doesn't exactly have a high tolerance for pain and so I was sure she was going to scream her head off. Her ears were done in no time and she is now proudly sporting some pretty sunflower earrings! Lucky for her, her mommy is a Silpada rep and it just so happens we have some adorable earrings for little girls :)
The rest here is misc pics and commentary for your bloggy enjoyment!
My dad's birthday was this month so we had a small birthday party for him here at the house. Riley slaved in the kitchen making her grandpa's birthday brownie cake! By slaved I mean mess making and batter eating!

Joshua "helped" too!
Such a sweet site! Moments before this all three of them were laying down on the floor with their blankets and pillows. They were being quite and watching Scooby Do!
Yes it is a picture of shoes! Riley outgrew these about a year ago and I've kept them because she loved them so much. They used to have Minnie Mouse on them, but they have been worn down to shapeless colorless figures! (On a side note, she calls Mickey and Minnie mouse "Tinker Mouse". It is adorable and I never tire of hearing it!) I've hidden these shoes many times in many different places and she always manages to find them! I don't even know where these were when she found them this time! She came down the stairs with her all time favorite shoes, toes hanging over the side and all!
I had to put this in here! I can already feel the "look" that I will get when Jason sees this! Jason and I will be helping out with Sunday children's ministry a few times a month. Today we were with Joshua's group in Heartland, a great new program for the 4-5 age group! Jason got to do some improv for the kids and I could not resist taking some pictures and video (which I will spare Jason the embarrassment and not post that)!
Its Bible...in 3D!
We discovered that Fluffy (the cat) likes to get in the fireplace which means an ash covered kitty and all the fun that goes along with that! On the topic of Fluffy, most people know she has only three legs. She was hit by a car as a kitten (she's 15 now) and while she survived, one of her legs did not. The kids have always had Fluffy around but just a few days ago Joshua realized for the first time she had only three legs. What a surprise it was for him!
Daniella is beginning to enter her girlie days and about a month ago asked if she could get her ears pierced. I had refused to get her ears (and Riley's) pierced as a baby and have always held the position if she wants them pierced she all she had to do was ask. Two weeks ago, she got her ears done! She sat down, clenched her eyes shut as tightly as she could and held on to her lips (she said in case she screamed). To my surprise, she hardly felt it. She doesn't exactly have a high tolerance for pain and so I was sure she was going to scream her head off. Her ears were done in no time and she is now proudly sporting some pretty sunflower earrings! Lucky for her, her mommy is a Silpada rep and it just so happens we have some adorable earrings for little girls :)
The rest here is misc pics and commentary for your bloggy enjoyment!
Comments