My Misunderstanding
Joshua finally got over his fever and stomach bug but now has a snotty nose and cold. He was actually in good spirits this weekend and perking back up to his usual Joshua temperament and then...I catch him licking the tile floor last night. No idea why! I don't know if he spilled something and decided to try out Domino's method of cleaning spills up or if he had some sudden curiosity of what the tile tasted like. Who knows? I don't know if Riley is getting sick or she if jealous of the attention Joshua is getting but she is highly sensitive today as well. Definitely not an ideal start for the week!
Today goes back and forth from inconsolable fussiness to smiling happy Joshua. After one of his meltdowns he calmed down and asked to color. Being thankful that his fit was over I quickly obliged. Our conversation made me laugh (as do most of our conversations) so to keep my spirits up decided to post it...
Joshua: Mommy can I color, I want to color woop-d-woops?
Me: Sure! I can't wait to see your loop-d-loops?
Joshua (looking annoyed): No, I am going to color woop-d-woops.
Me (thinking loop-d-loop is what he meant to say but spoke with his 5yr old dialect mixed with cold): That's what I said! Loop-d-loops!
Joshua (looking more annoyed): No mommy, I did not say woop-d-woops. Didn't you hear me? I said I was going to draw WOOOOOP-DEEEEEE-WOOOOOPS, UNDERSTAND?
Me (smiling): OK, I'm sorry. Go sit down and draw your woop-d-woops.
Joshua (tightens his fists in a ball at his side): Exasperated, he yells out: Never mind you don't understand me!
Me: (not understanding)
This isn't the first time (or the last time I'm sure) that one of my kids stormed away from me because of my lack of understanding. Today I will thank the Lord for the blessing of my kids and will also pray for more patience and understanding...apparently I need it!
Today goes back and forth from inconsolable fussiness to smiling happy Joshua. After one of his meltdowns he calmed down and asked to color. Being thankful that his fit was over I quickly obliged. Our conversation made me laugh (as do most of our conversations) so to keep my spirits up decided to post it...
Joshua: Mommy can I color, I want to color woop-d-woops?
Me: Sure! I can't wait to see your loop-d-loops?
Joshua (looking annoyed): No, I am going to color woop-d-woops.
Me (thinking loop-d-loop is what he meant to say but spoke with his 5yr old dialect mixed with cold): That's what I said! Loop-d-loops!
Joshua (looking more annoyed): No mommy, I did not say woop-d-woops. Didn't you hear me? I said I was going to draw WOOOOOP-DEEEEEE-WOOOOOPS, UNDERSTAND?
Me (smiling): OK, I'm sorry. Go sit down and draw your woop-d-woops.
Joshua (tightens his fists in a ball at his side): Exasperated, he yells out: Never mind you don't understand me!
Me: (not understanding)
This isn't the first time (or the last time I'm sure) that one of my kids stormed away from me because of my lack of understanding. Today I will thank the Lord for the blessing of my kids and will also pray for more patience and understanding...apparently I need it!
Comments