Who Arted?
Its been a while since I've done one of these! I still have to scan the stacks and boxes filled with artwork by the kids for the coffee table book I've been planning on creating for oh, about 3 years now! This is the year...at least that's what I keep telling myself! It will happen! Probably. Maybe.
First some artwork/schoolwork. One of Daniella's school projects this semester was to create a model of the solar system. Their work had to be completely original (aka no kits) and the planets had to be accurate in scale and distance from the sun. A lot of foam shapes and a lot of paint later Daniella completed her project.
First some artwork/schoolwork. One of Daniella's school projects this semester was to create a model of the solar system. Their work had to be completely original (aka no kits) and the planets had to be accurate in scale and distance from the sun. A lot of foam shapes and a lot of paint later Daniella completed her project.
Quoting Brian Regan "The yellow one is the SUN!" :)
She got a 100 on her project!
The kids love to paint so she spent hours meticulously painting each planet. Even Earth had its polar caps!
Not to be left out, Riley and Joshua helped paint the sun and a planet too...
This is Planet Riley. The planet that is in the background is Planet Riley also...and there is a twin planet beside it not shown...also Planet Riley!
This is Planet Joshua. There is only one Planet Joshua. Probably because that is all the universe can handle!
Up Inspired Art...The kids and I watched Up one night while Jason was camping. After watching the movie I thought of how neat it would be to have the painting of Paradise Falls framed somewhere in our house. Then I reminded myself of the many paints and canvas options we have sitting around and decided to try to recreate the painting. This is weak in comparison to the original but turned out better than expected. Digital art I'm OK at, hand drawn, not so much!
The kids wanted to paint something from Up too...
Daniella painted Kevin.
So did Riley.
"Hey Joshua, which Up character did you paint?"
"The monster that breathes fire!"
Alrighty then! Great job Josh!
Speaking of art from Josh, and schoolwork, here are two of my favorite projects he worked on this semester at school.
Joshua is not exactly precise in his work so I was very impressed by these when he brought them home!
Again, great job Josh although I am partial to the fire breathing monster!










Comments