Ha! April Fool's Day...but seriously...

It was 5 years and 5 pregnancy tests ago that we found out about baby #3, our sweet Riley!  There weren't any symptoms to speak of but there was that little voice and that little feeling that maybe I should take a pregnancy test, or five.  The other two pregnancies started the same way.  No symptoms whatsoever.  That's actually what clued me in!  I didn't feel pregnant, but the thought wouldn't leave me.  I knew the answer before even peeing on one strip.  Jason had to work that day (it was a Saturday) and I decided to greet him with a doctored pepper (also known as the daddy drink) when he got home as a start to the news.  I knew this was going to be an April Fool's Day to remember!  He walked in, took a look at his drink...and my smirk...and he knew!

I think I said something like "April Fool's!  Yeah, but seriously Coming this Fall, baby 3!"  

Once he downed his drink and got over the initial shock he was fine!  Actually he really wasn't that surprised.  He had even asked a few weeks prior if I was pregnant after I scarfed down some stroganoff and chased it with cottage cheese.  I have a weird appetite so that was just me being me...granted I haven't had it since!  We knew we wanted three so we were happy.  It would have been nice to plan one though!

Now five years later April Fool's Day is no longer April Fool's Day.  When you get a surprise like that, what else is there to top it?  Instead we acknowledge it as the day we first knew we were a family of 5...complete!  Truly I feel blessed to have been able to break the news on such a day!  I feel it was God appeasing my sick humor...awesome!

Comments

Popular Posts