Bluebonnets, Bubbles, and Some Crazy Weather

I read about a great park near here and wanted to go see it so Riley and I packed a snack bag and a bubble bucket and headed out.  It is Rob Fleming Park and what really caught my attention is the bluebonnet and wild flower field there.  With the drought and the bluebonnet season nearly over there weren't too many left, but they were still very pretty.

It was a bit overcast with the sun peeking from behind the clouds occasionally.  Really a perfect day to be out with a light breeze and comfortable temp.

  After a few bluebonnet pics Riley and I blew bubbles and played at the playground...

Then the clouds started rolling in...

Then, in an instant the winds picked up and the temp dropped.  It was crazy!  When we got in the car the temp read 80 degrees.  When I pulled out of the parking spot a few seconds later it dropped it to 68 degrees.  Less than a minute later it read 64!  The winds blew huge clouds of dust everywhere, some of the dust clouds looking like mini twisters.  It was weird and the sudden tropical storm like weather scared the crap out of Riley!

The pavilion when we got there...

The pavilion when we left! 

Gotta love that Texas weather!

Comments

Popular Posts