Woodlands Art Festival

The Waterway is a fun place to visit on any day, and last weekend it hosted the Woodlands Art Festival.  Cheap, local, and, you know, an art festival...of course we went!


This is a beautiful fountain and it also does a water show something like the Bellagio, but of course on a much much much smaller scale!  Joshua got soaked when one of the jets of water caught the wind and doused him! Luckily it was on our way out and it was hot so it was a nice refresher!  For my Woodlands friends, did you know that they do a free movie on Saturday nights here?  The first for weeks are all Pixar movies...guess where we'll be!


Heading to the entrance of the Art Festival we passed this guy working on some sidewalk art.  More on him later!

Once in we didn't waste time checking out the art pieces.  I didn't take too many pictures of the art because some artists are picky about people photographing their work but believe me when I say there was some amazing work there!

Speaking of amazing art work :)   There was a large section just for children and I was really pleased with all of the activities they had.  We've been to the art festival in Houston and there we've never seen a children's section there so this was a pleasant surprise!  These are some paintings using media such as bubble wrap (the tree leaves) and pipe cleaners (the tree trunks).  The kids loved it!

Another kid station...

Joshua loved the bongos! 

This is where you can rent kayaks and row them out to Lake Woodlands!  I know, nothing to do with the art festival.  I am just excited to have found it!  I knew this existed and I've been itching to find the row house and go kayaking!

Back to art stuff...
Remember the artist working on the sidewalk art?  This is what he had completed while we were in the art festival.  Impressive!

You can't tell but Joshua is soaked!  The kids are enjoying the water show.  I can imagine how pretty it is at night!

Comments

Popular Posts