First Day of School - 2nd Grade
Monday (yesterday) was Daniella's first day of school. It is a new school for her so she was a little nervous and so was I! So far she seems to like the school, the kids, and teachers. I haven't had enough interaction with the school yet to decide if I like it, but I do know that I miss FBA! I miss the friendly interaction with everyone there and I am definitely going to miss the Christian atmosphere. We are only two days in and I can already see the big difference! The parents at Daniella's new school so far seem less friendly and also don't seem to care about what is going on around them. Carpool has taken an hour yesterday and today. There is no one directing traffic and everyone is either blocking traffic or cutting someone off to get into the line.
Yesterday morning I wanted to make sure I walked in with Daniella and give her my well wishes for the day. School started later than I had originally thought. There were parents and kids lined up outside and not one of them would answer my question of "what time will the doors open". They all just gave me blank stares or shrugged shoulders. While we were waiting outside one little girl threw up all over the pavement. Her dad used some of her kleenex to clean up the puke and then they resumed their position in line. His solution was to just let the nurse know his kid was sick and to keep an eye on her. Seriously?? Why do parents do that? I felt so badly for the little girl, but was still thankful that she wasn't a second grader.
Cy-Fair requires uniforms for school which makes me very happy! For one it makes things easier as far as picking out her clothes and I don't have to worry about her sitting across from a 7yr old who thinks she is 16 dressed in a mini skirt and tube top (trust me they exist)! I really despise pop culture!
On to some cute pics!

Yesterday morning I wanted to make sure I walked in with Daniella and give her my well wishes for the day. School started later than I had originally thought. There were parents and kids lined up outside and not one of them would answer my question of "what time will the doors open". They all just gave me blank stares or shrugged shoulders. While we were waiting outside one little girl threw up all over the pavement. Her dad used some of her kleenex to clean up the puke and then they resumed their position in line. His solution was to just let the nurse know his kid was sick and to keep an eye on her. Seriously?? Why do parents do that? I felt so badly for the little girl, but was still thankful that she wasn't a second grader.
Cy-Fair requires uniforms for school which makes me very happy! For one it makes things easier as far as picking out her clothes and I don't have to worry about her sitting across from a 7yr old who thinks she is 16 dressed in a mini skirt and tube top (trust me they exist)! I really despise pop culture!
On to some cute pics!
Comments