Afternoon fun
Today we all did an impromptu trip to the museum. We have a membership and we really haven't used it as much as we would like. We picked up Daniella from school and headed straight there. The trip there took no time at all and the entrance was virtually empty.
"Wow Friday afternoon is the time to go to the museum", Jason said. We all wandered around looking at the dinosaurs and after a few minutes we hear over the loud speaker "the museum will be closing in 15 minutes." Needless to say it was a short trip! It was fun all the same!
Since it was 5 o'clock and knew we didn't want to get on the road at that time, we headed over to one of our favorite restaurants in Houston, Niko Niko's. The food is soooo good and everyone there is really friendly. Right before leaving Daniella said that she loved Niko Niko's and gave the following reasons:
1. the food is awesome
2. they don't do commercials
3. FREE PARKING!!!
I am not sure why she was so excited about free parking. To my knowledge we've never had to pay for parking at a restaurant!
To clear up some confusion on reason #2, Daniella hates hates hates (yes that much) arrogance, haughtiness, and bragging, so much so that she can hardly even tolerate commercials as she see's them as nothing more than businesses bragging about themselves and not a means of marketing. She loves that Niko Niko's has an amazing following by simply having great food and great service. Smart kid!
We made one final stop at Texas Art Supply where we all had to exercise some serious self control! We've had a little left on a gift card for over a year now and we wanted to use it before the card was no longer valid. At least now I finally have my chalkboard paint and paint pens for one the many projects on my project list!
On an unrelated note...I had to do a quick grocery store run once we got home since we were out of a few necessities. While I was in the check-out line a little boy in the next line had noted to me that he and his mom had two (yes two) baskets of stuff in the check out line...which explains why I was in the next line! I smiled and said "thanks for letting me know". The little boy then turned to his mom and said "Mom, that lady looks tired." I had to laugh! The kid was right! I am a little tired! Must be a belly full of Niko's! Little does he know I consider the Niko stupor to be a beautiful thing! :)
"Wow Friday afternoon is the time to go to the museum", Jason said. We all wandered around looking at the dinosaurs and after a few minutes we hear over the loud speaker "the museum will be closing in 15 minutes." Needless to say it was a short trip! It was fun all the same!
Since it was 5 o'clock and knew we didn't want to get on the road at that time, we headed over to one of our favorite restaurants in Houston, Niko Niko's. The food is soooo good and everyone there is really friendly. Right before leaving Daniella said that she loved Niko Niko's and gave the following reasons:
1. the food is awesome
2. they don't do commercials
3. FREE PARKING!!!
I am not sure why she was so excited about free parking. To my knowledge we've never had to pay for parking at a restaurant!
To clear up some confusion on reason #2, Daniella hates hates hates (yes that much) arrogance, haughtiness, and bragging, so much so that she can hardly even tolerate commercials as she see's them as nothing more than businesses bragging about themselves and not a means of marketing. She loves that Niko Niko's has an amazing following by simply having great food and great service. Smart kid!
We made one final stop at Texas Art Supply where we all had to exercise some serious self control! We've had a little left on a gift card for over a year now and we wanted to use it before the card was no longer valid. At least now I finally have my chalkboard paint and paint pens for one the many projects on my project list!
On an unrelated note...I had to do a quick grocery store run once we got home since we were out of a few necessities. While I was in the check-out line a little boy in the next line had noted to me that he and his mom had two (yes two) baskets of stuff in the check out line...which explains why I was in the next line! I smiled and said "thanks for letting me know". The little boy then turned to his mom and said "Mom, that lady looks tired." I had to laugh! The kid was right! I am a little tired! Must be a belly full of Niko's! Little does he know I consider the Niko stupor to be a beautiful thing! :)
Comments