Who Arted?
A few years ago Jason had thought of a phrase that I thought hysterical and for many reasons well suited our family..."Who arted?" We even did a search to see if there was a domain available for it and if not we were going to claim it. As it turns out, someone beat us to it, but the phrase still remains here with us!
Every year I have the great idea of making a coffee table book with that year's compilations of artwork the kids have done. I have an ever growing number of boxes filled to the top with nothing but the kids' artwork from the past few years. I can't bring myself to throw all of these pages away. The work done by their little hands and fingers is more precious to me than a Picaso and figured I might have a fighting chance of cleaning some of it out if I can scan them all and publish them every year. So far that has not happened but this year I'm determined to start!
So back to "who arted"...this is going to be a post done on a regular basis featuring artwork done by the kids. All three of them really are very talented in their art and I am excited to see what they can do by the time they reach adulthood.
Here is the first "who arted" post with a few bits of work done by the kids in the last few weeks and/or days!
Riley watercolor painted these shells yesterday. The thing that most impresses me about Riley's art is her amazing control of her crayon/marker/paintbrush. Most kids her age (including my other two) just draw giant lines and squiggles in all directions. She is very deliberate in all of her drawings and paintings. Very cool!
Here is an example of giant lines and squiggles mentioned above! This is some canvas art done by Joshua. He really didn't have a method or motive in this other than to do some "extreme" painting but his efforts resulted in a pretty good piece. I guess these are his abstract years!
This is one of Daniella's simple drawings that has been residing on the fridge door. I love her drawings and may even incorporate them into some of my work! It is rare that she does not some form of drawing, coloring, or painting every day. She loves it and as far back as four years old, she has declared herself "an artist"...which she likes to throw out when we tell her it is time to clean up the mess!
Another one of Daniella's. This is a coloring page that she painted. I like that she added the sky and grass. She is starting to blend her colors when she paints to add depth and dimension. I think that is amazing considering that is something we never taught her to do. I'm telling ya people, now is the time to get her artwork for free! Someday that won't be the case!
Every year I have the great idea of making a coffee table book with that year's compilations of artwork the kids have done. I have an ever growing number of boxes filled to the top with nothing but the kids' artwork from the past few years. I can't bring myself to throw all of these pages away. The work done by their little hands and fingers is more precious to me than a Picaso and figured I might have a fighting chance of cleaning some of it out if I can scan them all and publish them every year. So far that has not happened but this year I'm determined to start!
So back to "who arted"...this is going to be a post done on a regular basis featuring artwork done by the kids. All three of them really are very talented in their art and I am excited to see what they can do by the time they reach adulthood.
Here is the first "who arted" post with a few bits of work done by the kids in the last few weeks and/or days!
Comments