Looking Back and Moving Foward, Pt 2

Uncharacteristically of me, I really did not take a whole lot of pictures in December and for the most part the same goes for January. Christmas day I got a few pictures and video in the morning and then the rest of the day the kids walked around with the camera taking pictures for me. You can imagine the stuff they captured! Seeing the world at three feet tall certainly gives you a whole new perspective! Also it was freezing cold and a good bit of the time, cold and rainy. Houston cold and rainy is miserable so we stayed indoors most of the time. We are very happy to have the sun back!

Having this break in constant photo taking allowed me to sit and do a bit of soul searching in regards to photography and it came at no better a time. In mid December both associate photographers for Bubblegum Tree were let go. While I was definitely bummed about this, I could not help but feel a sense of excitement as to the idea of me continuing on with my own brand of photography. I've tried this before but with not so pleasing results. I think what I was lacking before was, well...a lot! I didn't know a thing about running a business, or marketing, or branding, and I really didn't even have a good portfolio. And that is just the tip of iceberg! Now years later, I think that maybe I could start a photography business and actually make it work. I don't know that for sure of course but I am willing to try!

Now enter possible but likely move in the unforeseeable future! Now my debate is not whether or not to start, but when and where. I am thinking of going ahead and start now, here...that is start scheduling sessions in the next month or two but be preparing for a move at the same time. It is daunting and like raising a child, it will take more than a village (and a lot of help from God himself) to make it work!

As for Stroller Strides, I will be starting classes back up soon and am looking forward to fresh air and exercise! However (here it goes), it is now up for sale. This is something I would have to do anyway if we are going to be moving but in only makes sense to sell now and focus on photography. So to friends and family here in Houston, please start spreading the word of a great new photographer starting to schedule sessions and if you know a mom looking to own her own business with a great company and great rewards let her in on the sale of Stroller Strides Memorial!

I'll be posting more information about both companies soon.

And now for a few pics!

Here are Joshua and Riley decorating cookies for Santa. Daniella had a horrible headache that night so she went to bed very early.

I think was nearing midnight when we finally got Joshua and Riley to bed. They were so wired and would not go to sleep! I organized all of the gifts according to recipient to keep the chaos down in the morning. Really I try not to be type-A but sometimes I can't help it! This is a few minutes before finally heading bed myself.

Christmas morning breakfast. My little Santa place mats waited all year for this!

Santa apparently thought the kids were good all year. He must be slacking on the whole list checking thing ;)

This was on of Riley's favorite gifts.

One of Daniella's self portraits!

One of Joshua's self portraits!

Another picture by Joshua.

My grandma and grandpa dancing. Sweet as this was, my grandmother couldn't help but pay a little attention to the football game on TV. She is a big football fan!

Riley looking cute as usual! I asked her to get dressed and she came downstairs in her pajama top, jeans, and the hat and scarf I knitted for her! Just precious!

Comments

Popular Posts