Lots O' Critters
Really its not that were are looking for these guys (well most of the time anyway). They just seem to show up and I am almost always armed with a camera...and a kid/dog/hubby/any combo of the aforementioned!
Bellville Critters
You can tell from the blur this guy (or gal) was on the move! Its garter snake that I tried to go Steve Irwin on it but it got away before I could catch it. Domino was there to see all the fun and even got a little tangled up by it when it went the wrong way to get away!
*Update - I did a search and discovered it is an immature Eastern Lubber Grasshopper. They are actually kind of a nuisance for vegetable and fruit crops, esp in FL. They eventually grow wings and grow a little bigger...yikes...this guy was already pretty big!
I have no idea what this bug is! It had the shape of a grasshopper but no wings and the obvious weird black and yellow coloring. We'll have to look this one up!
This is a spider that was living inside the windmill. I've never seen so many spiders in one area. Not only that they are all pretty big! This one was fairly small but still pretty scary looking!
City Critters
This is a weird crabby shaped spider that moved into my passenger-side side view mirror months ago and is still there! Its been to San Antonio (Sea World) and back as well as thousands of miles around the city! For weeks I thought it would just blow away while we were on the freeway but it has always been able to make it up the web to its hiding place. For now we're not really bothered by the spider. Its never (to my knowledge) tried to get inside the car. Its perfectly happy where it is and seems not to care about people standing outside the door. He might just get a name in the next few weeks!
This is a baby gecko that was unfortunate enough to cross our path! Jason is the one who caught this little one and handed him to Joshua...who handed him to Daniella, etc! He was awfully cute!
Bellville Critters
You can tell from the blur this guy (or gal) was on the move! Its garter snake that I tried to go Steve Irwin on it but it got away before I could catch it. Domino was there to see all the fun and even got a little tangled up by it when it went the wrong way to get away!
*Update - I did a search and discovered it is an immature Eastern Lubber Grasshopper. They are actually kind of a nuisance for vegetable and fruit crops, esp in FL. They eventually grow wings and grow a little bigger...yikes...this guy was already pretty big!
I have no idea what this bug is! It had the shape of a grasshopper but no wings and the obvious weird black and yellow coloring. We'll have to look this one up!
This is a spider that was living inside the windmill. I've never seen so many spiders in one area. Not only that they are all pretty big! This one was fairly small but still pretty scary looking!
City Critters
This is a weird crabby shaped spider that moved into my passenger-side side view mirror months ago and is still there! Its been to San Antonio (Sea World) and back as well as thousands of miles around the city! For weeks I thought it would just blow away while we were on the freeway but it has always been able to make it up the web to its hiding place. For now we're not really bothered by the spider. Its never (to my knowledge) tried to get inside the car. Its perfectly happy where it is and seems not to care about people standing outside the door. He might just get a name in the next few weeks!
This is a baby gecko that was unfortunate enough to cross our path! Jason is the one who caught this little one and handed him to Joshua...who handed him to Daniella, etc! He was awfully cute!






Comments