When Good Mornings Go...Yucky.
A few weeks ago while watching Phineas and Ferb with the kids I decided to create a to-do list for the summer. The list is growing every day and I am hoping to get at least 90 days of "something" listed...and done! So far...we're a little behind schedule but not terribly!
Keeping three kids with as much as a 5 year age difference entertained and happy...at the same time...can be a bit consuming, not to mention exhausting.
On the list is to use our zoo membership. With the blazing heat trekking around the zoo seems less than fun so I've been avoiding it, but on one such morning we were going to be in the area so a trip was planned.
I should note that on this particular zoo morning I was sporting a shirt soaked with vomit! We were up early to run an errand and then headed to the zoo to beat the summer crowds. It had been a great morning and as we were walking up to the zoo entrance (approximately 50 ft from it) Riley (who I was holding) puked ALL over me! I immediately put her down (in the flower bed) where she continued to hurl another 4-5 times. It was curdled milk and capri sun. If you've never encountered this vomit blend be thankful! It is common knowledge in our family that we all easily get car sick so we keep with us a bunch of small towels should need arise. Riley made it through the trip nausea free and was complaining that she was thirsty so I gave her a Capri Sun when we arrived. She chugged it (big mistake) and we started our walk. I had one small towel packed with me and that combined with a whole pack of wipes provided a modest cleanup for us. The worst was cleaning up our shoes and feet. Being flip floppers, we both had soaked flip flops and soaked toes. YUCK!
I was nearly ready to call it, but Joshua and Daniella started arguing that we were so close and threw in the old "You Promised". Riley said she still wanted to go to the zoo so smelly and all we went. We did a power walk through the whole thing and made it out in under and hour. Promise kept! Happy kids, smelly mommy!
Keeping three kids with as much as a 5 year age difference entertained and happy...at the same time...can be a bit consuming, not to mention exhausting.
On the list is to use our zoo membership. With the blazing heat trekking around the zoo seems less than fun so I've been avoiding it, but on one such morning we were going to be in the area so a trip was planned.
I should note that on this particular zoo morning I was sporting a shirt soaked with vomit! We were up early to run an errand and then headed to the zoo to beat the summer crowds. It had been a great morning and as we were walking up to the zoo entrance (approximately 50 ft from it) Riley (who I was holding) puked ALL over me! I immediately put her down (in the flower bed) where she continued to hurl another 4-5 times. It was curdled milk and capri sun. If you've never encountered this vomit blend be thankful! It is common knowledge in our family that we all easily get car sick so we keep with us a bunch of small towels should need arise. Riley made it through the trip nausea free and was complaining that she was thirsty so I gave her a Capri Sun when we arrived. She chugged it (big mistake) and we started our walk. I had one small towel packed with me and that combined with a whole pack of wipes provided a modest cleanup for us. The worst was cleaning up our shoes and feet. Being flip floppers, we both had soaked flip flops and soaked toes. YUCK!
I was nearly ready to call it, but Joshua and Daniella started arguing that we were so close and threw in the old "You Promised". Riley said she still wanted to go to the zoo so smelly and all we went. We did a power walk through the whole thing and made it out in under and hour. Promise kept! Happy kids, smelly mommy!

Comments