Our Animal Rescue

Yesterday morning I started to hear some scratching behind our big arm chair in the living room. I thought it was the dog or cat and then realized that they were in another room. An animal had somehow managed to get itself stuck between our wall. It drove me crazy because every time the little critter made a noise or scratch Domino started barking up a storm...even in the middle of the night.

Tonight we decided on a plan of action...Jason cut a small hole in the wall (step 2: patch wall) and then quickly stapled a trash bag over it. We didn't know what to expect! We took a peek to see that it was a small bird.

Finally the moment of truth! I held up a pet carrier to the hole, Jason ripped the bag away and we shined a light into the carrier hoping the bird would cooperate. It did! It hopped in with very little coaxing! I guess for a bird stuck in a dark wall for two days the pet carrier didn't seem so bad! We took it outside and set it free!

I am so glad to have the critter out! I felt bad that whatever animal was stuck back there had no food or water and was likely to die if not taken out. Considering how hot that room gets in the summers, a rotting animal carcass in the wall would unlikely go unnoticed!

The kids too were happy hear of the bird's release! They were a little uneasy listening to all of the scratching and thumping.

Bye bye birdie!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That really funny! "Let my birdies go!!!" lmao

Popular Posts