Back to Crazy

We all made it home safe and sound late Wednesday night from Missouri! Over the course of 6 days we logged over 35 hours of driving and 2,203.7 miles! Jason had to do the hardest part of driving to Missouri by himself with the kids and then 5 hours to Kansas City 2 days later to meet me! I had this terrifying running list of all of the things that could go wrong while they were on the road or while I was flying and thank you Jesus, none of it happened! It truly was a problem free (mostly) trip! We had the occasional kid meltdown and Riley got car sick on the way out but we expected this and were prepared! Yay!

I don't know how, but I have misplaced the cord for our point-and-shoot camera (which is the only one we took) so I can't transfer pictures yet. Talk about frustrating! All of our other cameras and phones use the exact same kind of cord so we have several of those lying around the house, but the little camera has a different plug so this is the only cord that will work. Grrr! The pictures that are posted were taken with my phone.

My conference was awesome! I had my hesitations about going, but now I am completely confident that it was one of the best things I've ever done! It was so much fun and what I learned will be carried with me for the rest of my life! I loved it! There is no doubt that next year (barring some unforeseen hindrance) I will be there and taking along anyone willing go, Silpada rep or not!

Jason and the kids came up to Kansas City and stayed on the Kansas side Saturday night and then picked me up at my hotel Sunday morning. We didn't stay long in KC, but we did go to Union Station to have an early lunch at their diner and as luck would have it, they had a Narnia exhibit! Daniella and I have been reading The Chronicles of Narnia for most of the summer. I was hoping to finish all of the books by the end of summer, but I don't think that is going to happen! Maybe by October! Daniella was thrilled about the exhibit since she loves the Narnia books and movies! The exhibit was great! There were actual props and costumes from the movies made by Weta! If you know anything about Jason and I, you know that we are nerds...who love Weta! It was a little bit of Heaven on Earth for the whole family! All of the kids got to launch a rubber cannon ball from a replica cannon launcher. Joshua of course went crazy over it! After the exhibit, we loaded up in the car and drove back to Willow Springs!

Jason's grandmother was so excited to have us visit! While we were there we spent the majority of our time at her house just spending time with her. Grandmother taught Daniella to crochet Sunday night and those two spent hours crocheting afterwards! This just warmed my heart! Mainly because I know for sure that Daniella will never forget her. I have very little memory of great grandmothers. I can pretty much replay my life's memories of them in a second or less. I am so thankful that our kids get to spend a lot of time with their grandparents and great grandparents! They are very lucky!

Grandmother made us her very famous meatballs and navy beans! For everyone who is not family this probably seems insignificant, but for those who are family, this gives us bragging rights for the rest of 2009! One thing that I have learned about the Gay family is that they love Grandmother's meatballs and navy beans and there is even a long standing record of most meatballs eaten in a single sitting...which is Jonathan who ate 12. So far the record still stands!

Now we are home and I am still trying to finish all of the laundry! The kids are back to crazy, but now that I think about it, they weren't exactly calm in Missouri either!

Now on to August!



Downtown Kansas City at 7 am.



5500 Silpada reps settling in for our speakers.



Me and Lyn Conway who is an awesome trainer!



Daniella and Joshua wanted a picture at the Narnia exhibit!



We thought this was interesting! One thing I wish I had gotten a picture of was one of the many carriages of Amish families along the side of the road. All of the children were so precious with their little dresses and bonnets!



Daniella learning to crochet.

Comments

Popular Posts