Self-Discovery, Serendipity, Stubborness
These three words sum up what it takes to do the extraordinary according to Wendy Booker. Wendy was one of our speakers at conference and at the end of her speech I was crying my eyes out because I knew that I wasn't crazy for attempting the life less ordinary!
Most people don't know what my true goals are in life and I won't outline them here (not enough time or space) but I can tell you that it does not include a corner cubicle doing something I've been programmed to do with an average of 4 or less hours of family time every day, with of course the exception of three weeks of PTO. I believe we were put on this Earth for something a little more exciting and extraordinary than that.
Wendy is an athlete with Multiple Sclerosis and by athlete, I mean athlete! She has run 9 marathons since 2000 and has reached the summit of 6 out of the 7 summits. She has also created a foundation called The Other Side of Everest which provides funding for education for children in Nepal. She is truly amazing and my hero!
Check out her video. It is also on her website at wendybooker.net. I hope you find her as inspiring as I do!
Most people don't know what my true goals are in life and I won't outline them here (not enough time or space) but I can tell you that it does not include a corner cubicle doing something I've been programmed to do with an average of 4 or less hours of family time every day, with of course the exception of three weeks of PTO. I believe we were put on this Earth for something a little more exciting and extraordinary than that.
Wendy is an athlete with Multiple Sclerosis and by athlete, I mean athlete! She has run 9 marathons since 2000 and has reached the summit of 6 out of the 7 summits. She has also created a foundation called The Other Side of Everest which provides funding for education for children in Nepal. She is truly amazing and my hero!
Check out her video. It is also on her website at wendybooker.net. I hope you find her as inspiring as I do!
Comments