Meet the Teacher Day, etc
This morning we all got up early and headed to Daniella's new school! We got to meet her teachers! She will have two main teachers and then of course gym teacher, etc. The school has something that I've never seen or heard of, but supposedly it works...an open floor plan. All of the class rooms, the library, and media centers are all in one big room with everything separated by tables, cabinets, and workstations. Pretty much there are very few walls. We asked about how the kids' attention is kept with so much going on around them. Her teachers said that it takes time, but the kids do adjust and that overall it works well. The school is a state recognized school so I guess they know what they are doing! It will definitely be an adjustment for us all!
Daniella's teachers were both very sweet and it was nice and reassuring to see some of their former students coming up to say hi to them!
Jason and I have been moving stuff all day and will continue to move stuff for the remainder of the night. I am pretty clumsy by nature so I am sporting some lovely bruises, cuts, and even a busted blood vessel in my hand. Thankfully, the Lord made me a small-framed female so the profession of mover is not in the cards!
Tomorrow we move the last of the "big" stuff and then it will be days if not weeks of sorting through morecrap stuff for garage sale or giveaway. We also have a lot of cleaning to do! Maybe by the end of September we will be back to "normal"...whatever that is!
Daniella's teachers were both very sweet and it was nice and reassuring to see some of their former students coming up to say hi to them!
Jason and I have been moving stuff all day and will continue to move stuff for the remainder of the night. I am pretty clumsy by nature so I am sporting some lovely bruises, cuts, and even a busted blood vessel in my hand. Thankfully, the Lord made me a small-framed female so the profession of mover is not in the cards!
Tomorrow we move the last of the "big" stuff and then it will be days if not weeks of sorting through more
Comments