More of Austin

My sweet nephew Austin! Right now I am convinced that he thinks Aunt Val is a Canon camera! I can see it already, two years old or so, flipping through flash cards..."What is this"..."a dog"..."What is this"..."a cat"..."What is this (camera)..."Aunt Val!"

He was such a cutie and went through his entire repertoire of faces and noises, which I might add is quite extensive! Loved it!

It hasn't really been all that long since we had a newborn in the house, but spending time with this little guy makes it seem like it was long ago. I know it was rough time back then trying to juggle my time between one, two, and then three kids but it is not the sleepless nights and the crying fits that I really remember (not that I have forgotten them) but more the little things that no one writes about and very few mention when it comes to a newborn. Little things like the weight of my babies on my chest while they slept, the feeling of their breath by my cheek, the way their whole hand gripped my fingers. That is what I remember the most and that is what I miss. Now I understand why grandmothers are perfectly content to hold a screaming baby or change a rancid diaper or be puked on by a baby! It's all good!

Here's a few more pictures of Austin...

He was a little fussy right before suppertime. Here is mommy calming him.

...after suppertime!


Comments

April @ Random said…
How adorable! What camera do you use? Takes amazing photos! It's time I got a new one...

April Rueber

Popular Posts