Easter Weekend
Easter is always a fun time for the family! Everyone gets to play outside, eat lots of candy and we can't forget the egg hunt and confetti egg war! A fun time for all!
We celebrated Easter on Saturday with J's family and Sunday with my family. Two Christmas dinner sized feasts, roughly 150 candy filled Easter eggs, and 7 dozen confetti eggs, and Lord knows how many pounds of candy later we were all stuffed and exhausted!
I got to spend a few reflective moments on our Savior and the amazing things He did for us. This year it is more clear than ever. Yes, I've always been a believer. Yes, I've always known what Easter is and what it represents. But like so many out there, for years I was mainly just going through the motions. There but not really there. I know now its really a sad place to be, no matter happy your are or think you are. I've spent well over a year (nearly two years) in some pretty in depth bible study. I never thought I would love it as much as I do. I am daily amazed at the beauty and precision of every passage of scripture...how they are all connected, all different, but all the same. This year I have a lot more clarity of the heart of our Savior. I understand the what's and why's a lot more. Like I said, the basics have always been clear, but never enough to make me bow in thanks and worship and look up in reverence. I just pray that my three will freely and willfully do the same. I have lost count of the number of times I've prayed that my mistakes would be payment enough for my kids not to follow suit in them. Never has it been more clear that the payment has been made, but not by me. I know now that the best thing I can do for my kids is lead by example and the example is following the path of truth. Not a novel idea I know, but I feel like a lot of parents lead by example with the example being "this is what not to do, watch me". If you're a blog reader, but not a bible reader I earnestly plead with you, start now! Nothing good can come from ignoring your Savior. God is faithful! I promise!
Pictures, pictures, pictures...
We celebrated Easter on Saturday with J's family and Sunday with my family. Two Christmas dinner sized feasts, roughly 150 candy filled Easter eggs, and 7 dozen confetti eggs, and Lord knows how many pounds of candy later we were all stuffed and exhausted!
I got to spend a few reflective moments on our Savior and the amazing things He did for us. This year it is more clear than ever. Yes, I've always been a believer. Yes, I've always known what Easter is and what it represents. But like so many out there, for years I was mainly just going through the motions. There but not really there. I know now its really a sad place to be, no matter happy your are or think you are. I've spent well over a year (nearly two years) in some pretty in depth bible study. I never thought I would love it as much as I do. I am daily amazed at the beauty and precision of every passage of scripture...how they are all connected, all different, but all the same. This year I have a lot more clarity of the heart of our Savior. I understand the what's and why's a lot more. Like I said, the basics have always been clear, but never enough to make me bow in thanks and worship and look up in reverence. I just pray that my three will freely and willfully do the same. I have lost count of the number of times I've prayed that my mistakes would be payment enough for my kids not to follow suit in them. Never has it been more clear that the payment has been made, but not by me. I know now that the best thing I can do for my kids is lead by example and the example is following the path of truth. Not a novel idea I know, but I feel like a lot of parents lead by example with the example being "this is what not to do, watch me". If you're a blog reader, but not a bible reader I earnestly plead with you, start now! Nothing good can come from ignoring your Savior. God is faithful! I promise!
Pictures, pictures, pictures...
Comments