Zoo Boo
This morning we all got up early and headed to the zoo for the first weekend of Zoo Boo. We go every year and the kids always have a good time. It gets insanely crowded so we were aiming to enjoy the zoo in the early hours and leave when it started to get busy. Mission accomplished! I love the zoo in the Fall and Winter. In October the reflection pool area has hundreds of decorated pumpkins everywhere and as it gets closer to Christmas the pretty lights come out. Now that it is cooling off (at least I hope it is) we can make more frequent trips to zoo to enjoy the sights, animals, and weather!
I have to apologize for the obscene amount of pictures in this post. I took a lot as usual and had a hard time narrowing down which to post. I'll be creating a gallery in Zenfolio for today.
This is "the world's cutest animal", the red panda and I have to agree. This little guy is adorable!



This was a big wall that kids could color on for today's event. It was a big hit for our three and we had to pretty much bribe them to get them all away!
Joshua wanted to color in a blank spot that was too high for most kids to reach. Luckily for Joshua he has an accommodating daddy!
The tickets for the carousel rides went up...way up! It used to be $1.00 per child per ride and now it is $2.50. I'm not complaining about the price at all, but I was surprised that when we got onto the carousel the kids (all three of them) didn't want to ride on an animal...for me the whole purpose of riding on a carousel. No they wanted to ride on the bench seat that most people could care less about. Now I know to entertain them all I have to do is do donuts in a parking lot with them in the car! Saves me $7.50!

I have to apologize for the obscene amount of pictures in this post. I took a lot as usual and had a hard time narrowing down which to post. I'll be creating a gallery in Zenfolio for today.
This is "the world's cutest animal", the red panda and I have to agree. This little guy is adorable!


This was a big wall that kids could color on for today's event. It was a big hit for our three and we had to pretty much bribe them to get them all away!
Joshua wanted to color in a blank spot that was too high for most kids to reach. Luckily for Joshua he has an accommodating daddy!
The tickets for the carousel rides went up...way up! It used to be $1.00 per child per ride and now it is $2.50. I'm not complaining about the price at all, but I was surprised that when we got onto the carousel the kids (all three of them) didn't want to ride on an animal...for me the whole purpose of riding on a carousel. No they wanted to ride on the bench seat that most people could care less about. Now I know to entertain them all I have to do is do donuts in a parking lot with them in the car! Saves me $7.50!








Comments