Family Night Cont.

The evening is the absolute best time to be at the zoo.  The animals are out and more lively and it usually has little to no crowd.  We stayed till closing time after we saw the dinos so we could make a lap to see some of our favorite residents.
 
This guy was chomping down on the grass and paid no attention to the many kids gathered to watch.

The tortoise and the hare!
You can’t quite see them, but there are three lions sleeping under the trees to the right!  Brave bunny!
The bears were in a word, hot.  Houston can’t be too comfortable for them in the summer!
This poor guy was sleeping in the water!  I hope he was dreaming of snow in Montana!
This isn’t a great picture at all and doesn’t do this beautiful baby justice.  They were in the indoor habitat so the light was low and the picture was taken through the glass. 
This is the zoo’s newest resident…Baylor.  He is just a few weeks old and absolutely precious!  
 
I love watching these guys!  Its no wonder there is an entire show dedicated to them!  Look at that face!
We had to make one minor stop after leaving the zoo to pacify mommy!  I’ve been wanting to get a few pictures of the kids with this phone booth.  I wish I had one of these in my house!  
These were taken with the point and shoot, but I will be heading back with the bigger camera soon!  

We had dinner at Katz where I burned the roof of my mouth with fried pickles…as I always do when I eat them here.  Its a fair trade…singed mouth for tasty fried pickles.  The kids wanted to see the scenic view of Westheimer (OK maybe not so scenic) so headed to the windows for a few moments.
We headed home with the Phineas and Ferb soundtrack blaring where we all sang along to Gitchy Gitchy Goo and Squirrels in My Pants.  Dinos, zoo animals, fried pickles (and did I mention the Death by Chocolate dessert), and a minivan sing along…all in all a great family night!

Comments

Popular Posts