Shady Acres
Jason’s parents officially now own the house in Bellville. It is a beautiful house and with a little TLC and some of Pat’s master gardening it will be even more so soon! Pat has been trying to think of a name to give her new home. She has come up with things like Whispering Creek but she hasn’t settled on any one name just yet. I have come up with the name Shady Acres! For one its funny and two its fitting! The land (5 acres) is in fact shady and this is the intended “retirement home” so to speak! So until another name has been assigned, I will be calling it Shady Acres!
The kids and I headed out to Shady Acres last weekend to leave a quiet empty house for Jason to work and to help Pops & Pat with the cleanup. Considering the size of the “yard” we barely made a dent as far as cleanup but the immediate 10 ft or so in by the back porch looks great! The kids picked blackberries (they are growing everywhere) and while they sat down to eat them a small herd of deer passed from end of the property to the other. The kids loved this! They are anxiously waiting for our next trip there!

The kids and I headed out to Shady Acres last weekend to leave a quiet empty house for Jason to work and to help Pops & Pat with the cleanup. Considering the size of the “yard” we barely made a dent as far as cleanup but the immediate 10 ft or so in by the back porch looks great! The kids picked blackberries (they are growing everywhere) and while they sat down to eat them a small herd of deer passed from end of the property to the other. The kids loved this! They are anxiously waiting for our next trip there!
I have no idea what this bug is but it was pretty cool…for a bug! I almost didn’t see it as it was camouflaged into the brick!
Deer view from the kitchen window.
Joshua is bird watching. There were two cardinals that were flying close by!
Daniella looking southern as ever!
I don’t know of a time the kids have ever been so happy to do yard work!
Comments