Schlitterbahn
Our last mission for mommy madness was to go to Schlitterbahn! We didn't waste anytime going! We received our tickets Friday and since the weather was supposed to be nice and we had a free afternoon on Saturday we figured why not!
For the kids it was their first waterpark! I was a little worried about how crowded it would be, mainly because a good friend said her daughters were there that same day with a couple hundred other band kids! It was crowded but the park is well thought out and there is a kid's area in all three major sections which were not bad at all.
The kids had an absolute blast! I think Joshua had the most fun of all! He loved every part we went to! He even went on one of the "big" slides! It was smaller than the super slides but big enough to have a few turns! I went up to go down the slide with him and when it was our turn...he just jumped in and took off! I had no time to get down behind him! He made it out OK though. Jason saw him shoot out of the slide and went to fish him out of the water. He immediately wanted to go again! This time I held on to a strap on his life jacket so he couldn't take off!
Riley also surprised us with her love of the slides! I thought she might be a little intimidated by them but she would slide down and then run right back up to do it again!
The one who was scared of most of the slides...Daniella! She liked the small ones, but wouldn't get on the bigger slides like Joshua. Maybe next trip! Daniella's favorite part of the park was the lazy river. We took several trips around the park on the floats and even took a spin through "the rapids"! Water park floats have come a long way since the last time I was in one (circa 1990ish)! One of the floats at Schlitterbahn was designed specifically for parents and kids...a double float with one side open and one side closed for the child to sit in.
I can't wait to go back!
Galveston Island was extremely crowded and we wanted to spend time in Friendswood visiting the grandparents so we opted not to go to the beach. That will be the next trip!

Joshua really didn't need his life jacket since we pretty much stayed in shallow water, but he would not take it off. He even tried to wear it home!

Our crazy little boy!
For the kids it was their first waterpark! I was a little worried about how crowded it would be, mainly because a good friend said her daughters were there that same day with a couple hundred other band kids! It was crowded but the park is well thought out and there is a kid's area in all three major sections which were not bad at all.
The kids had an absolute blast! I think Joshua had the most fun of all! He loved every part we went to! He even went on one of the "big" slides! It was smaller than the super slides but big enough to have a few turns! I went up to go down the slide with him and when it was our turn...he just jumped in and took off! I had no time to get down behind him! He made it out OK though. Jason saw him shoot out of the slide and went to fish him out of the water. He immediately wanted to go again! This time I held on to a strap on his life jacket so he couldn't take off!
Riley also surprised us with her love of the slides! I thought she might be a little intimidated by them but she would slide down and then run right back up to do it again!
The one who was scared of most of the slides...Daniella! She liked the small ones, but wouldn't get on the bigger slides like Joshua. Maybe next trip! Daniella's favorite part of the park was the lazy river. We took several trips around the park on the floats and even took a spin through "the rapids"! Water park floats have come a long way since the last time I was in one (circa 1990ish)! One of the floats at Schlitterbahn was designed specifically for parents and kids...a double float with one side open and one side closed for the child to sit in.
I can't wait to go back!
Galveston Island was extremely crowded and we wanted to spend time in Friendswood visiting the grandparents so we opted not to go to the beach. That will be the next trip!
Joshua really didn't need his life jacket since we pretty much stayed in shallow water, but he would not take it off. He even tried to wear it home!
As usual, more pictures here. Unfortunately we didn't take as many as I would have liked! I wanted to get pictures from the entire day but I was advised against that because of the risk of getting the camera wet. I am seriously considering putting the camera in a sealed baggie next time!



Comments