Time Please Slow Down

It feels like I blinked on Sunday and now it is Wednesday morning! As far as busy weeks this is one fairly mild. There is still stuff on the calendar every day, but not as jam packed as usual. Yesterday I pretty much felt like crap the entire day but did venture out to head to Michael's to purchase paints and a t-shirt for t-shirt painting day at FBA. Jason decided on Tuesday that he would take the kids to the museum last night so I could get some work done...alone!

I'm looking a little shabby here I know! Still glad to have been there!


The kids went out to the playground after the t-shirt painting. I stayed behind with Joshua and Riley to talk with the rest of the room moms...at least I thought Joshua and Riley stayed! Daniella's teacher brought them back up so we left as to not cause more mayhem! I got a picture of the kids who were "patiently" waiting to go play! Joshua and Riley really think they are part of the class!

When Jason left with the kids I still felt like crap so I took a 20 minute nap and then got up to work. They came home earlier than expected and when they walked in the door, Jason was holding a spilled mocha shake and was angry at Riley...and Joshua was wet with no shirt on!

My first thought was "am I really that surprised?" I had been cleaning and organizing the 20+ DVD's that were out of their cases and covered in sticky finger prints when they arrived so I just kept on cleaning!

Once things settled down, Jason told me that even though the museum website said it was open till 8pm, on this particular night they were doing a media event for the new exhibit so it was closed to the public. Jason said he told them he was media but they didn't believe him...can't imagine why!

He and the kids instead headed to the zoo. Joshua was upset because he had been looking forward to seeing the mummy on the ground floor of the museum. Evenings at the zoo are great though because it is empty and the animals are out and somewhat social so the kids still had a good time. Then a bathroom break! Joshua went into a stall and did not realize that the seat was still up. Jason heard a splash and Joshua say "Daddy, I need a new shirt." He was soaked! Jason tried to wash the shirt in the sink...would you believe I forgot to put the change of clothes back into the diaper bag before they left...and after realizing the shirt was a no-go, Joshua graced the animals with his little skinny bare chest for the rest of the night.

Is there anything that we can do that does not end in drama?!

Later today is day 2 of t-shirt painting which I have to arrive early and leave early. I have a radio event called "Coffee Talk" that CBS Radio is recording today for Mommy Madness at 2:00. They are going to break up the interview into smaller parts and use those sporadically on the air over the next few weeks.

Second cup of coffee down...time to get going!

Comments

Popular Posts